View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2002, 05:16 PM   #12
Big Norm
RIP

Heinz,
how would you know if my dachshund Bucky was chasing Borchardt parts? In case you didn't know it, that wasn't a large cup of cinnamon tea that I gave you. It was straight Johnny Walker Black.

Herb,
neat pictures. I was trying to focus on two things.
(1) the connection between the rear spring and the toggle. Everybody has warned me about that spring and the need to make sure that the gun is uncocked. I will be staring at that area for the rest of the night.
(2) Ron wood mentioned in an earlier post that someone had taken the side plate and the trigger off of a Borchardt at Shattucks house and couldn't put it back together again. Ron had to do it himself. But your pictures don't seem to show a difficulty there. I will examine your pictures closer when I finish this post.
From your pictures, the gun does not look as intimidating as it does in real life. Maybe a lottle more studying (cross between a lot and a little) and I will have the courage to try it.

Wes,
I do have some Johnny Walker Black. I think that will work. Heinz didn't drink it all up. But no pictures will be taken. I would not want to risk them being circulated and then find them in Stills next book representing the polar intellectual opposite to the brilliant Georg Luger.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote