View Single Post
Unread 10-22-2022, 06:06 PM   #48
day late
User

Everything seems to be working just as it should. The safety MIGHT need a tiny more tweak, but for now, leave it alone. But now a question for the older wiser heads.

I still have the original trigger bar. I can see where it has worn down. Back in the day I was a dental lab. tech. I worked with dentures and partials. Sometimes the partials needed adjustments. Say, adding a new tooth to the existing partial. Acrylic doesn't bond to metal. I have to solder on some retention, place the tooth, then finish and polish that metal and acrylic down nice smooth and shiny. The metal I'm soldering to is chrome/cobalt. The metal I'm soldering on is stainless steel. And it has to be milled well enough so that it doesn't bother the patient's tongue.

Right now, I'm wondering if it would be worth the trouble to add a spot of soldier to the old trigger bar and then mill it to original specs. It certainly has enough mass I don't have to worry about burning it up. And even If I do, the pistol won't shoot more than one round at a time with that bar.
day late is offline   Reply With Quote