View Single Post
Unread 08-27-2022, 01:29 AM   #30
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by day late View Post
I can assure you that it is not the trigger bar spring. That is one of the parts that were either missing or replaced.
Without being able to examine the Luger hands-on, I've listed almost every possible cause of a Luger not cocking when returning to battery. There is another very unlikely possibility. The back edge of the L-arm that contacts the disconnector pin is beveled. There is enough of the edge left flat to hold the pin until the trigger is released and the L-arm is pulled away. The bevel helps the pin to release more quickly. If the bevel is too sharp and not enough flat remaining, I suppose the pin could slip under it enough to flex the trigger bar and prevent cocking. If you dry fire the pistol and continue to hold the trigger to the rear and cycle the action by hand, when you release the trigger there should be a small "click" as the pin is released.

I suppose it's possible that the trigger is depressing the L-arm enough to fire the pistol but the L-arm isn't held in far enough to engage the pin as the action returns to battery. You can check this by using layers of masking tape on the bottom of the L-arm that contact the trigger. That would push the upper L-arm farther inward and possibly cause the pin to be pushed into the trigger bar as it should be and c0ck the firing pin.

I'm fresh out of other ideas. If G.T. happens to read this thread, perhaps he knows something I've missed.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to Doubs for your post: