View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2022, 11:30 PM   #29
day late
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
The Luger firing mechanism is really very simple. Has to be if I can understand it. LOL

A weak disconnector pin spring just doesn't seem like it could cause the problem you're experiencing. When the Luger is ready to fire, the pin is extended so that the L-arm can push it and flex the trigger bar to release the firing pin. Upon returning to battery, the pin is pushed into the trigger bar by the L-arm. That keeps the trigger bar straight and allows the sear to engage the firing pin in the cocked position. Releasing the trigger pulls the L-arm away from the pin allowing it to extend and once again lie under the L-arm, ready to be depressed to fire the pistol again. I simply don't see how a weak disconnector pin spring could cause the problem.

I can see a weak trigger bar spring - the flat spring at the back of the trigger bar - not returning the trigger bar quickly enough to engage the firing pin being a problem. Other possibilities include worn sear or firing pin engagement surfaces or too little engagement surface between the sear and firing pin to permit engagement during return to battery. But there may be sufficient engagement between the parts that lifting the toggles and returning them to battery while everything is at rest will cause it to c0ck.

If you can find someone familiar with the Luger action - G.T. for example - to troubleshoot your Luger, I'm sure a solution can be found. I can explain what the possible problems could be but unless I have it in my hands, troubleshooting it is only a guessing game.
I can assure you that it is not the trigger bar spring. That is one of the parts that were either missing or replaced.
day late is offline   Reply With Quote