Unread 08-31-2005, 02:57 PM   #10
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Norm
J.... and I will be able to have him physically see the weapon. He is a collector s well as a dealer who has seen many Lugers pass through his hands, so his opinion will be worth while. (Take it from me, he is not afraid to be blunt with his opinion)...
Hi Big Norm!

Well - maybe it goes with the "turf" - being blunt with ones opinion. Speaking for myself - I've been known on very, very rare, infrequent, maybe, sometimes, on occassion, infrequently, sporadic, intermittent, limited - to bluntly state my opinion as well. However for as rare those times may be - I usually get my point across....

Seriously - I have a lot of respect for Doug and can't wait to hear what his personal observations may be...

Quote:
J....My new HK has an upright Eagle over 'N' .... My new HK has a nicely stamped and crisp five pointed start in the same area. No plumb around the edges though....
Sounds "right on" to me!!! Interestingly, the five-point star typically means that originally - yours was destined for Military production, but then was rejected for whatever reason. That - in and of itself, may account for the discrepency you see in the last digit being a different formation. In the late P-code Series 1, I think you will find both "with" the 5-point star and "without".

Quote:
....The more I talk, the more I feel that this gun is, otherwise, all original. ...
And the more you relay what you see - the more "correct" it appears to me as well... Frankly - I'm excited for you! GREAT JOB! I hope Doug confirms its originality for you - and I lived a bit closer to you, so I could see it first hand!!..

Quote:
....Gee, I hate to bring up the camera issue again. I just know what Ed's going to say...

Big Norm:

Best to you - and thanks for sharing your new HK with the rest of us!

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote