Thread: My New 'P' Code
View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Big Norm
RIP

Default My New 'P' Code

I just got myself a new Krieghoff 'P' code. It is a ringer for a 'P' code (ser #P1126) posted earlier under "Private HK on Gun Broker". My serial number is P1259. I have been sitting here comparing the two HK's trying to assure myself that I made a good purchase.

My HK has less wear on the side plate. But the locking bolt has been roughly ground and not polished to make the flat look flat. The strawing is good though. I am surprized to see that there are no serial numbers on the locking bolt, trigger, thumb safety and the rear of the toggle.

The "P" in front of the serial number on the front of the frame is located higher than the one on for sale on Gun Broker and it is not alligned with the other numbers. The last digit of the full serial number on both the front of the frame and the side seems to be ever so slightly smaller and not perfectly aligned. Almost like it was added later.

While there are legitimate proof marks on the under side of the barrel, there is no serial number. That feels odd for a guy who shoots primarily for WW1 Lugers.

The mag is an unnumbered FXO with an eagle 37 on it. The grips are identical to the one on Gun Broker. Outside of what I have mentioned, the gun looks in terrific shape. (I know, I know. I should have pictures. But I spent so much on my new computer and on this gun that there isn't anymore left). But knowing me to be the hopeless braggard that I am, you know that I will be posting pictures later. I can't wait to show this HK to Doug Smith at the OGCA meeting in the middle of September.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote