View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Jackthrock
User

Default Help with Krieghoff Luger (SN 3249)

Hello, All:

A friend just dropped off her WW II-vet-dad's Luger (and accessories) for me to "take a look at." You folks are the experts. Before describing the gun, I realize that condition descriptions are highly subjective, especially w/o photos. Neither she or I have any internet photo capability. We live in the Port Charlotte, FL area and would be happy to show the piece to any forum members in the area.

The gun arrived in a black/dark brown leather holster that I would describe as "good." All stitching is intact, belt loops, strap, buckle, etc. are intact. Has "dta41,"WaA195" (under Nazi eagle) and "P.08" markings on the back. Inside the holster flap is a pouch w/ a blued steel "combo tool."

There is a oxidized brass cleaning rod that appears like it goes with the ensemble.

Two magazines are present. They are blued w/ minor wear. The knurled aluminun "end pieces" are numbered 10471 and 11246. Each end piece has what I guess to be a small eagle mark above a "2." Each mag tube is marked w/ an eagle(?) above a "37" on the upper and lower portion of the mag. The bottom marking carries a "122" above the "eagle/37."

The pistol:

1. SN 3249 on bottom of barrel, front of frame (ahead of "take down lever(?)" and on forward left side of "receiver."
2. Bottom of barrel is also marked w/ a small eagle and "882."
3. Right side of receiver (fwd) has 3 "eagle" marks, diminishing in size. The largest can be clearly seen w/ a "2" beneath the eagle.
3. Pistol is completely blued with what I would call minor use and holster wear. What you folks call "straw" appears to my eyes to be in pretty darn good condition (no rust).
4. Grips appear to be wood (walnut?) w. a pencil lead-sized chip out of the upper portion of the right grip.
5. Before cleaning w/ an oily rag, there is minor rust on the "backstrap." The muzzle crown is unblued and oxidized with what appears to be minor "old" rust.
6. Some bluing appears worn away in the vicinity of the mag well, but no rust.

I have no plans to disassemble or otherwise "tinker" with the piece. Any info/assistance will be appreciated.

Again, I reckon the best course of a action would be to let one of your members examine and evaluate the piece. Of course, my friend and I would be
willing to pay for the time expended. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Jackthrock
Jackthrock is offline   Reply With Quote