View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #67
318is_Parabellum
User

We're getting off track here. But I'll quote myself again, for clarity's sake:

"I don't begrudge those who've earned their 'check', either. My cousin, with whom I am very close, is a disabled Navy vet. That said, SSI Disability fraud is a way of life here in Appalachia and it engenders a lot of resentment from those of us that are more or less able-bodied but struggling, thanks to this crappy economy. (Quoted, because the point bears repeating.)

Having served active duty in the US Army as a combat medic, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the many military retirees (and retired govt. employees, for that matter) on this board that *earned* their 'check'. The 'neckbeards' I refer to are more the SSI/Disability fraudster types that are so prevalent here in Appalachia."

Where's the "hate"? The criticism was aimed squarely and solely at those "getting over", not those persons who've EARNED IT. If the statement didn't apply to you, then you've no reason whatsoever to take offense to it!! I was specifically referring to a phenomenon occurring in my area. I see it every day, and apparently I'm not the only one.

Gentlemen, I am a degreed Safety professional, and I have years of experience in dealing with injured employees. Of course there are people who are legitimately 'drawing a disability check'! That's not who we're talking about here!! Geez.

As an aside, if those avaricious, venal "men" that owned "Freedom Industries" would have bothered to employ someone like myself (I've been out of work for months, btw), they would have been told straight away that their Spill Prevention Control and Containment Plan was inadequate. Additionally, they would have been told that $20 grand worth of materials could have prevented the chemical spill disaster that poisoned the municipal water supply for 300,000 people where I live in WV.

Last edited by 318is_Parabellum; 02-05-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: 'cause grammar, and stuff.
318is_Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote