View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #34
F15E_WSO
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Scale View Post
I own a total of four .30 Luger pistols. The first one I acquired worked great with Fiocchi. The second had all manner of feeding and ejection issues with Fiocchi; I tried all kinds of mainspring and magazine modifications and it still wouldn't work. PPU completely cured all the issues. I then acquired two more .30 Luger pistols, and tested them with both types of ammo in the hope that they would work well with Fiocchi as it is more available. I learned these next two were also jam-o-matics with Fiocchi but loved PPU. In studying the matter not only is PPU a bit more powerful than Fiocchi, the overall length is also longer which seems to make a big difference in eliminating feeding jams.

So 75% of my .30 Luger pistols insist on PPU. Look forward to hearing how yours performs.
4 Scale, thanks for the inputs. I was an "Operational Tester" by trade for a while. Glad to have a few more data points indicating that PPU is somehow the magical round that most lugers crave; at least the 7.65s.
I did not know that the overall length is longer than the Fiocchi!? Is this information available in some Tech/Spec sheets from either Manufacturer? I was looking for Ft Lbs and Muzzle Energy last night and data was NOT at vendors websites and any other info I got from Ammo dealers had a bit of variance. I will measure length when the PPU arrives and compare to the Fiocchi and see what my lots say. Cheers
F15E_WSO is offline   Reply With Quote