View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts
Default One Huge Raffle Help!!

Fellows, For those of you who have been around a little while, you know periodically we have a raffle and someone gets to win some really neat stuff for literally pennies on the dollar.

This Raffle is to benifit John Dunkle and Jen..His lovely Wife. The owners of this Forum we all enjoy so much. Not many of you have commented on this announcement in the Site Announcements section but please, take a few seconds to read what these selfless, generous and all around lovely people are up to.

http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...881#post131881

This has not gotten the exposure it deserves and I and Ed Tinker want to change that with your help!

Haiti is one, if not THE poorest nation on Earth. I am sort or Apolitical but I know a good cause when I see one.

So where do you come in? You my Friend are going to be asked to do a couple of things for the cause. Because we are all Brother collectors I know I can depend on some help here.

1. I need contributions of stuff to raffel. It can be large or small. A loading tool, an extra mag, a spare badge or medal, book, something people might want...anything you can think of that might be used so we can have multiple winners. This means more interest.

I will be donating what might be of interest to many..A 6" Imperial Navy Holster, carry strap and double mag pouch that I made in my shop. It's a pretty sweet repro if I do say so myself. You will have to find a Navy stock, cleaning rod and tool to complete it as I do not have these. Nice start though!
Any extra items recieved from you will be added to the booty pile .

2. Tickets will be $25.00 or 5 for a hundred. Remember, not only is this for a GREAT cause but you have a pretty good chance of winning something! C'amon, dig thru the couch cushions and scrape together 25 smackers..it will make you feel pretty good I guarentee it.

3. THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! Write a short note or copy paste this one and get EVERYONE you can think of involved!!! It's only going to be for ten days or at the most two weeks. We need to strike hard and fast!

Ed will hopefully give a few more details tomorrow about where to send money and whatever else he can think of.

If anyone has time or stuff to donate please contact Ed or myself immediately. We can use anything ya got!

Read what John & Jen are up to and that alone should be enough to spur you to action!

Thanks, Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote