View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #9
Eugen
User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShaw View Post
Hi Eugen,
Same here. My first Luger is the one I bought from my gunsmith friend- a collector's item, and I really did not want to be nervous about parts breaking if it were fired.... so after the "Collectors- to shoot or not to shoot" discussion, I decided not to fire this first one, and find a good shooter. Thanks to this forum, I was able to find a nice one and make a friend at the same time.

I think it was you who wrote in another thread, "Be careful with buying a Luger... you won't stop with just one" or words to that effect. Now I see what you mean.

2,5 Lugers? Do you have an extra "upper toggle train" or lower frame" which is looking for a friend?
One shooter and one collector?

Do you have a special time period, or type of Luger on which you focus your collection ?
RShaw, I am a rookie Luger enthusiast. I think it would be an overstatement to suggest that I am a collector. But, once I got one I did contract Luger fever. The fever caused me to buy two more in as many months; a collectible and a shooter. I also purchased a complete artillery upper to shoot. I install it on a collectible grade frame to avoid breaking a matching number upper part. If the opportunity presents itself I may buy a frame for permanent mounting. Long barrels are a hoot to shoot.

As I have other gun interests and other hobbies, I may only buy a few more Lugers. But who knows?!: typing: