Unread 11-07-2022, 04:39 PM   #12
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald A Keller View Post
Wow, great information from all regarding my old Luger! And I am going to keep it like it is as most recommended. Also, it is difficult now to ship to an FFL using most any shipping service. The laws have changed almost under the table for shipping for any kind of repair. And even here in Arizona I find it difficult to get a store or FFL to ship for me. I have sent some messages to my Senators here to look in to it, because, especially for repair, some do need to ship their firearms.
Non-FFL holders are basically screwed out of economical shipping. It's not allowed at all via USPS, and both FedEx and UPS insist on overnight shipping, which was around eighty bucks last time I checked,

With an FFL, guns can be shipped by registered mail, which can cost less than 1/4 of what the shipping services insist upon. I'm not sure what USPS allows with an 03 FFL (C&R), but if shipping privileges similar to 01 FFL are allowed by the postal service, individual states can disallow them, and a C&R will be useless. Too bad you live so far from a handy dealer.