View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2002, 09:47 PM   #12
Art Buchanan

Default Re: Trading Advice(long)

Surely you guys know the golden rule of tradeing of any kind---" Do unto him as he will do unto you--only you do it first" Does anyone here own anything except shooter Lugers? Or is everyone here running around with Surgeons glasses, MRIs, Xray machines and DNA equipment while afraid to buy anything because it might be fake?? [even if they had the cash] I am surprised that there is not a big worry that someone has a crown N proof stamp and is reworking Russian imports into fake 1920 commercials with .30 cal barrels and selling them for $1000 to poor unspecting guy who does not have the benefit of all the self appointed experts and their perceived sofisticated methods to detect fakes. I have been on both sides of the table in past 40 years. There are always the guys going around fingering everything and telling the owner what he thinks is wrong with a Luger,[and in front of all who will listen] and never buys anything. My personal policy and behavior at a show is "If you don't have the money and ain't buying it---keep Damn mouth shut" I have trouble feeling sorry for wheeler dealer guys, who are more interested in the profit part of Lugers than their beauty, that whine and cry if they didn't know what they were buying.