View Single Post
Unread 12-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #11
suwanneetrader
User

Well Happy Holidays It has been a long long time since I was on this Forum."because" I have not ran across a Luger since my posts of the Police I've kept. I found Don and others to have been very nice and I hope they have not gone on to that big Collectors Final Gathering, as most of my friends have. I will be 84 in Feb. I'm so glad this Forum is set up so I could find my old posts and add these comments. I still collect older USMC items and research any named US Medal of any branch of service before I sell the non USMC ones. I have about 2,700 posts on the US Militaria Forum and I'm starting to find current values foe items in my collection (have not been to a Gun Show for about 10 years,just sell on the US Forum or Flea Mkt dealers). I was President of the original Florida Gun Collectors in late 70's but have no one alive to ask to help me. The children want none of it but my youngest son says he will keep my Dad's USMC WWII items. I want my youngest "15" Grandson to have my guns and CW items as he is an "A" student but Father not one to save so he will need to sell what I leave him to go to college. Therefore I wonder what is current value on this Berlin Police Luger with holster etc? I'm trying to tag the more valuable items for him so his Dad doesn't give them away and if my daughter knows some prices she won't let him. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I wish you and yours good health. Richard Marquette .

Here is a PM I sent Don before I knew he listed this Luger's serial number in his book.

Recipients: Don M
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
suwanneetrader
User

Default SB 5528 DWM 1918/1920
DON: You were correct the Berlin Police Dept, nor the Historical Society even acknowledged my e-mail. I disassembled all but the firing pin and everything I can see has 14 on it even the inside of the grips. As I try to inventory my collectables so when I pass on the kids will have some idea of the values, even if they are a few years out of date. Therefore will you tell me your opinion of the value of the ser. #3114 DWM Luger with Berlin Police numbers on it as well as the holster and the tool? Also when I apply the Connoleys to the holster ( you can see in my forum photos approx 40% of the black is gone from the front of it) should I mix some good black wax polish in with the hide food and then hand rub it on or just hide food only and don't worry about the color of the brown areas? Thanks again Richard Marquette --- the other old retired guy Ha Ha.
suwanneetrader is offline   Reply With Quote