View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2001, 07:37 AM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Finding the Lost Pistol for my mag's :D

The "matching" of numbers is a hotly debated topic on this board, and there are many who feel (strongly) that attempts to find matching parts borders on fraud. There are also those who feel that there is no harm in matching a correct type mag to a pistol, and is totally appropriate, and why not have matching numbers while we're at it.

I feel there would be no problem advertising that you have an extra certain type of magazine (serial number xx) to match pistol type such and such, and if someone is interested, then they can contact you. To set up an area where the sole purpose is to swap magazines in order to get matching numbers would only represent the viewpoint of one segment of this forum, and would in my opinion be the thin edge of the wedge.

It wouldn't be long before I would be looking for that number 79 take-down lever I need, and oh, what about a number 79 toggle while I'm at it. So I'm inclined to say that a separate section for this purpose would not be in the best interest of the forum as a whole, even though I personally would probably make use of it. However, you may feel free to post your personal items wanted or for sale/trade in the existing classifieds, others will act according to their conscience.

Anyway, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong!