Thread: 1941 byf KU
View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
the gunman
User

Hi Gerben funny story you might enjoy . upon looking closely at the holster . I seen inside the holster at the toe. What looked like a small piece of rag. It was not. It was one of the very old air mail envelopes stuffed in the bottom. It would not come out and not knowing what it was I dug it out with a pick. It came out in little pieces . Upon looking at some of the pieces ( Now at completly distroyed) I could make out some writing . The writing was Herry j last name chewed up by the pick . Under the name a service number very faint 16105068 under that ( again in very bad shape 1st bn 259inf. I went into google under service numbers (Remember Im not to good on the computer) Punched in the service number Low & behold up comes Henry j Anderson . Only thing listed with it is that he was from St Clair Michigan and inlisted in Chicago Il in 1944. Quite a story. Don't know how to find any other Info. The gun was found in North carolina in an attic wrapped in a nazi podium banner. Along with 2 luftwaffe engraved bayonets , A, 2 model luft dagger , Nazi sword. And trench art canteen to the 45th inf div. I got the banner and the canteen . He sold the rest right off for . He listed the KU rig on the forum . And I was lucky enough to be first to answer. I bought the 3 items. and he was very happy with what he got. I must say Im also quite happy with what I got. a very nice gentleman.

Very Best Regards Richie
the gunman is offline   Reply With Quote