View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
Yoda
User

Smile Thanks

Thanks for your response Edward Tinker and Ron Wood.

My question is what is the source for note at the bottom Table 3 (I have copied the note below):

“NOTE: The Model 1906/24 Swiss is almost identical to the Model 1900/06 made by DWM. The Model 1906/29 is a completely redesigned variation of the DWM type.
? "Baby" .32 ACP ? Reported to be 2/3 size of normal Luger. ? "Pocket" 9? 2t~? Shorter frame & barrel, 5 round magazine.”

This the only reference I can find that the Luger was ever produced in .32 ACP. I have looked in many gun and ammo books have not been able to find any other reference.
I am trying to identify and find out as much info as possible about a Luger I inherited from my father.

It is a 4 ¾-inch barrel DWM in .32 ACP and appears to me to be a commercial 1906 Model. It has a coil spring and a grip and thumb safety. The serial number is 68370 and matches most parts except bolt and magazine. GERMANY is on the front of the frame and there is a C inside the rear frame.

Perhaps I can pick up a copy of Ralph Shattuck’s book.

Sergio I thought my question would be too obscure for a general discussion on the forum. I did not mean to slight anyone.

If any of you has any info or suggestions for me, please feel free to comment.

Thanks
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote