View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2022, 10:31 AM   #8
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default mag quality and availability

Hi Ed and Quinn, My very best offering is a new Mec-Gar mag, either blue or nickel, and install either a walnut bottom, as in early, or an E.German aluminum bottom, as in late. With a GTHQ follower spring, and you have the best possible range mag available today! The new Mec-Gar mags with the Nylon, or some brand of polyamide plastic followers and bottoms, are great just as they come new. Just don't look right with the concentric rings and black bottoms.
The triple K mags remind me of, "A three legged dog, blind in one eye with his ears chewed off, goes by the name of lucky!" As they always seem to be one or two within reach. The spring mod. and the replaced bottom make them usable, but, can't do much about ugly...
If you members have any (Triple K mags) you would like made usable, I would revise them for $20.00 a mag plus postage... probably 5 bucks, Let me know! When Mec-Gar mags are once again available, revising them to G.T. Specialties range mags will be $100.00 including return postage, mag, follower spring, and bottom of choice. Same as before... best to all, til...lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: