View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2004, 05:29 PM   #7
RAHamilton
User

Everyone:

Thanks to all of you for your very observant and informational comments. Jan C. Still on his website did a wonderful review of the 1900 American Eagle, a part of which was dedicated to the holster that came with the one he used in his photographs.

I have included the link below to that presentation Jan did back on 11-14-03. You will notice from the photographs several things. First, the holster Jan shows is a twin to the one I have photographs of and displayed above. Second, one of the pictures in Jan's presentation shows the Test Eagle inserted in the holster which Jan describes as a "perfect fit".

Later in his discussion, Jan mentions he believes this to be a Commercial Luger Holster that could possibly have been part of the Bannerman purchase, but he's not certain either. His research can find no reference to this particular model, other than the H.H. Whitney submission where the butt of the pistol faces "rearward" when worn on the right side. He does state, however, from his research there are subtle differences between the H.H. Whitney holster(s) and the one that came with his Test Eagle.

As always, I certainly appreciate the comments of all members of this forum. This is a wonderful place to gain knowledge and learn. Again, please review the presentation by Jan on his site. I will include the URL for this presentation, but if it doesn't take you there, you can do a search of all boards under "TEST EAGLE HOLSTER" to find his presentation.

I certainly welcome any and all comments. It's how I and hopefully others unravel some of the interesting mysteries surrounding these fascinating pistols and their accessories.

Best Regards,
Bob

Jan's Presentation Site:
http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic...,eagle,holster
RAHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote