View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2021, 03:06 PM   #14
Mac Cat
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Nice pictures !

Values are all over the place, but I would insure the kit (pistol, holster and tool) for at least $2,500. The holster and tool are important and they appear to be proper for the gun. I'm also assuming the magazine is not matching.

I went to a trusted gun smith to get my firearms appraised, recently, so that I could insure them. His values were conservative, but based on good research and some recent resales. He did not consider provenance or accessories.

Auctions are never good comparisons and they all have a lot of high handling fees on top of the sale price.

You can easily search for "dual date police luger" and find them from $2,000 - $3,000.

I like Simpson LTD which has 4 kits much like yours.

The more provenance (history) you have, the more desirable it is.

Disclaimer:

It's really hard to say much else without having the gun to examine further. I am not a gun dealer and I haven't bought that many Luger - most on-line seem over priced, to me.

I'm making a lot of assumptions about your Luger - that it's in working order, that the internal parts are correct, that the barrel is clean and still has visible rifling, etc. But, in general, the gun alone in good condition would easily sell for $1,500. Most people add 20% for a matching holster and tool.

I would suggest that Luger prices have almost doubled in 15 years.
Mac Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Mac Cat for your post: