View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2022, 06:14 PM   #6
Yakman
User

Irishdiver,

I'm going to be a little harsh, it might save you some money and anguish later on. Just from the inadequate number of photos you posted, it's not a good example of an 06 BERN.

The first picture shows damage to the grip screw slot. The second photo shows amount of wear on the side plate that should be unacceptable for a collector piece; for a shooter, at a shooter price, fine. Photo five shows blue that is turning red. although that is a normal process with age, you can easily find a Luger of this model and age that is nowhere near this far along. I have an example made in 1922. By the way, the Swiss most often repaired and refinished their Lugers before they released them.

This model of Swiss Luger came with a magazine that is unique to the model. Without the original magazine, to me, is like having part of the gun missing. You might provide some really good photos of the mag and the wood bottom. Does it come with two magazines and a holster?

Many Swiss Lugers of this model come as full rigs. I would not consider one without a nice holster, two original mags, and gun condition less than 98%. The gun condition percentage is subjective, of course.

I would pass it up. Too many really nice ones out there.

Jack
Yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Yakman for your post: