Unread 03-06-2022, 03:34 PM   #79
spangy
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,047 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofeugene View Post
I’ve recently gone through my wife dying of Alzheimer’s. Not fun. But as serious as cancer is, at least she has her mind and a good chance of beating it. Treasure every moment you have with her. But I don’t need to tell you that. And I’m happy she’s currently beating it. Cheers!
One of the biggest 'myths' out there is that 'at least Alzheimer's patients don't suffer'.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Alzheimer's doesn't happen over night and normally progresses slowly. My mother died from Alzheimer's and to watch my mother struggling to hide from us what she knew in her mind was happening to her was heartbreaking.

Patients are often very embarrassed when for the life of them they cannot remember how the coffee filter goes into the coffee machine or how to get home if they leave the house ... it is terrifying.

They know there is something very wrong and that it is more than senility and/or dementia.

Can you imagine that you can no longer remember anyone in your life ?? your spouse, your kids or even the dogs name or that you even have a pet ???

It is insidious and terrifying beyond belief and you definitely suffer eventually dying more than alone with nothing but a few distorted memories of your life.

I am so happy for you and Debby Eric ... God guards you both and watches over you. +++++++++++++++++
WTB - Take Down Lever & Trigger Plate (#90) for an Imperial Artillery.
spangy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to spangy for your post: