View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
ChrisLL
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
I'm sure most of you already know this.. but when going to the range to solve problems with your luger, don't create some of your own! Makes it impossible to trouble shoot, and If you haven't the experience, you'll look for solutions in most of the wrong places! ......What are these problem? Most have to do with resting the gun in order to steady your aim.. you CAN NOT rest the barrel on the bags or have any part of the receiver against the rest or shooting bag. DO NOT cup your off hand under the butt with a two hand hold.. And last, but certainly not least.. stiff'en up that limp wrist a'bit! I've had troublesome P.08's go from issues to perfect! Just by changing the way you hold and shoot it!!!!.... best to all, til...lat'r....GT....
Thanks for the reminders and suggestions G.T. A question for you, or anyone else ... range testing new loads, what would you suggest for best technique? Last time I went I was on the bench but not resting the gun on anything directly, just held in my two hands with my arms on a blanket. I am now wondering if I was cupping underneath, I don't usually, but all I had for a rest was an old army blanket rolled up that day and I ended up being quite straight armed and quite contorted. The rounds went considerably higher than similar loads had my previous trip. I will have to pay more attention and be more consistent , but any suggestions from anyone appreciated. I am testing these loads not only for functioning, but accuracy as well.

Thanks!

- Chris
ChrisLL is offline   Reply With Quote