Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ebbink
Hi Steve,

That is probably a reference to me. I was "borrowing" their photos for show & tell earlier on the Luger Forum. I still do not understand how an outfit that wants to take your money will not let you, easily, download their photos for your purchase documentation.

Last Reno show I attended, Ralph Shattuck told me the story, in reference to using photos on the PIA site, that "we" (his word...) just collected a $ 10K settlement from some collector that was using their photos on the Internet.

the only problem I have with this is that there is a huge differnce in using photos to try and sell, i.e. borrowing photos and using them for reselling an item. Rather than for research or teaching others. That is legal, any copyright or legal papers state that under copyright that you may use parts of a book, article, and I would imagine website, as long as it is in a teaching environment and not meant for profit? A "percentage, usually 10% is what i have heard may be used.

Besides, although Right Click is turned off, Edit COPY is not. You choose Select All and copy everything and paste it into a new word document,

or else you save the entire webpage, thus saving the same pictures?

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote