View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #20
1933 FORD NUT
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuster View Post
Thanks 1933 Ford Nut. I would hope you would add some more of your past experiences for us so we don't become victims. Between the HK's and 1914 type "Navies", WaA MN had almost flooded the market at one time. Watch out for 1898 Borchardt-Luger "prototypes" as well.
Had mostly good ones as I don't like crap myself . Had 2 more " bad apple " ones though and one of them is now 98% all original with 3 matching mags !?! Had no matching mags when I owned it and other issues to boot . I talked to Randall Gibson about it as it is listed in his book . He told me Ralph used to own it .That was my first Krieg and after getting the very nice-honest former Bob Breatherton 1940 #10092 it started looking scary so I traded it away as " MESSED WITH " . I reported that one and it drew an immediate rebuttal so I will leave that one lay . I bet the owner paid more than messed with price !! The other one was purchased from Scheels Hardware and sports in Mankato MN 2/2/95 for $1,200 . Early S 1310 all matching except mauser mag . Had the " fat " wood grips and was very slightly pitted in a few areas . I bought it because it was one I didn't have and it was cheap . Problem with it was the person that they bought the collection from [ about 20 lugers ] used naval jelly or something of that sort to clean rust off a couple . Well the S was one of them and it had NO FINISH on it . Same sad story on both of these as they eventually found their way to you know where . I see 1310 is not reported [ thought I did ? ] but it would have cleaned up pretty well as it was straight other than no finish . Anywayz now that I have cemented my popularity here I will go lay by my dish .
1933 FORD NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to 1933 FORD NUT for your post: