View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,423 Posts

Bill are you sure? I am looking at page 182 of The Krieghoff Parabellum by Randal Gibson, 300 made serialed between 11,300 and 11,800 You must have some serious misinformation. There's no way 9,000 1943 Krieghoffs were made! That would have been half their entire production! Check again.

Also, is it normal to have a strawed take down lever on these.. Yes, Krieghoff was not normal!

I did not remove the hold open or the sear to see if there were numbers in unseen locations. Hate doing anything with those leaf springs.

Gary, A good Friend bought your normal run of the mill 1937 Krieghoff, well, OK it was close to mint, I think he paid $6800 for it but I could be off a few hundred. During his inspection period he brought it to me for a thorough take down and authentication. At my bench I took it completely apart..most people would not do that to almost any Luger but if you want to actually authenticate a Krieghoff it is absolutely necessary to get a look at all the hidden numbers and Eagle 2 markings. Leaf springs, tiny drift pins, the works. The markings and numbers for the extractor are underneath necessitating taking it out..drift pin and spring. In his case everything checked out and I happily authenticated his Krieghoff.

I mention this because you need to know if your pistol is authentic and complete in order to know what an even ballpark price might be. Knowledge is power. If you know..you know. If you don't you may very well lose thousands of dollars that are rightfully yours.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote