View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2020, 09:48 PM   #14
gunbugs
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,139 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Gruber View Post
Everybody read this http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...t=broken+parts Your estimation of which parts break is wrong.

In addition, these guns are hand-fitted in final assembly. Replacing parts may mean the pistol won't function at all.

Shoot a shooter. Don't shoot a matching collectible.

--Dwight
Many of the parts listed in the survey have no bearing on shooting them, such as the takedown lever spring, (I doubt that spring is broken from firing the pistol.) Many of the examples of pistols shown in the thread are obviously poorly maintained, and may have or did have over pressure ammo, or some other bad ammo shot through them. I've never had a problem using my replacement parts in the pistols I have, although your mileage may vary. I recognize that most parts on a P-08 should be correctly fitted, and I have done my best to do so. I've been a full and part time gunsmith for over 30 years now, and think I have a pretty good grasp of the situation. I'll continue to buy and shoot nice guns, as I don't care for "beaters". I like to own, and use, "nice stuff". I guess I just don't have the fear other folks do.
gunbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to gunbugs for your post: