Thread: Auction Luger
View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:16 AM   #28
Johnny

Default PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Since it seems I have started quite a debate, I will throw in my personal experience to make it "valid first hand experience". Sig380 has a P.38 AC40 code pistol. He claimed the finish was excellent but then when further pressed, admitted it had quite a bit of finish missing. I then asked for his phone number to question him further on the piece as I thought it was a good deal if the info was correct. He completely evaded my request and replied with "I hope your having a good day......I REALLY hope your having a good day". Sounding like the response of a child. He only other thing he added to that was he would be gone on vacation for the weekend and the auction ended sunday. I think he didn't want to answer anymore questions and that was his way of telling me. I used another email address and emailed him on Sat. and somehow he managed to reply even though he was on "vacation". The auction ended with no bids and I again emailed him for his phone number and told him I wanted to purchase it. He wrote back with "Ok....thanks" but no phone number. I again emailed him and he replied with a phone number and "sorry its sold". Later on, I saw the same pistol appear on auctionarms.com under his same screen name. I think he stopped double posting because he was threatened with getting the boot but he may still be doing it. Just do a search on the subguns.com board of inquiry and judge for yourself. Sorry John & John, didn't mean to break the rules but just wanted to warn all the new and young collectors just starting out like me to be careful and not get taken.