View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2002, 08:19 PM   #22
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default To your second point...

about giving opinions on what is "good" and "bad". I think your said: "...In this thread, you have responses saying this gun is not correct, which makes you in some way libel, doesn't it.."

Not at all... You see the "same" auction I do - along with the same photographs. While in this case, on this Luger - I agree with you that it looks correct - I drew that "opinion" by seeing what you saw. We have the same "reference point" - to have similar or dissimilar conclusions. Anyone can express their opinion about that same reference point. It's one of the neat things about a Forum like this.

However, as I stated previously in my other post - since I'm not a "friend of a friend who heard it from.." - we don't and can't share the "reference point" - so its apples and oranges.

Finally - this Board has no "sponsors". Iâ??m not sure where you got the idea it had â??sponsorsâ??. Sponsors imply that the financial burden is shared, or that I bill people/companies/businesses to offset the monthly costs. There are no "sponsors" (unless you include "me", as I pay for this each month). In fact - do you see a single banner ad on this site - anywhere? Nope. Does anyone pay to be a "member"? Nope. Do businesses pay money for the right to be recognized here? Not that I'm aware of - and I'd probably know. We have no â??sponsorsâ?.