View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
mac

Default Re: Lugers in the movies, Ted, tell them the truth!

For lugers in familiar movies:

The Great Escape--Steve McQueen considers a long range shot at a German motorcycle rider.

All Quiet on the Western Front--as the Germans prepare to charge from the trenches, a very brief glimpse of an officer waving his luger. Only one in this 1931 movie, I think, and very very brief.

Von Ryan's Express--luger and MP40 in scene inside railcar.

Guns of Navarone (?)--a German officer has an LP08 in WW2??? Movie's hero shoots pretty young woman who is a spy.

Schindler's List--several bad guys with lugers that function by ejecting cases from the top, accurate presentation of lugers.

Gary Cooper movie about the WW1 hero from the south. I forget the hero's name but he is using a luger in the film.

Saving P Ryan--very very brief glimpses of lugers either in holster or being used in battle. May be P38's the shots are so brief.

Among other recent movies, the English Patient shows at least one if not two Germans carrying lugers. An incredibly dull movie, though.

There are lots of luger movies. I recently saw a TV movie in which the southern crook through his pistol on the seat in the front of his car--you guessed it. He had a luger.