Thread: Death Head
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2001, 12:40 AM   #35
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: I don't believe we are talking about...

So many opinions on this subject. I am confused as to who I support. I believe that this forum has a lot of good learning in it. I am not exactly a newbie (9 years as a collector) but I am still learning. I vote that we take the good, the bad and the ugly and discuss them on this forum. Of course, we should try to keep the discussion civilised and not adopt a hostile attitude. The key word here is discuss. This forum is a learning experience for all. Not everybody can contact Jan Still or Ralph Shattuck for their opinion on a gun. People have to learn someplace. The forum fills that slot.

I have done my share of complaining on this forum about dealers and I have complimented some. There is a guy on the forum that I almost had a transaction with, but didn't. I have never mentioned his name and won't. Some people here think he is pretty good. But I don't want to get in a public argument with him over a transaction that didn't occur. But a public discussion over this guys unusual policy would make an interesting discussion on the forum. Note, the key word is "discusion". Maybe, some time in the far future, I will say something in a generic generalized way to hear other members views, but not now. I am keeping in mind a comment by DOK about "vested interest". I respect DOK and don't want to get him in the middle of something.

Big Norm