Thread: Death Head
View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2001, 11:31 PM   #32
Thor
User

Default Re: Luger Dealers Reputations

The German Connection said it was faked, Jan Still said it was faked based on a Brass rivet pin, Patrick thought some of them MIGHT have been replaced (the sear bar) with a brass in lieu of steel pin. That was enough for me to ask to return the Luger to Ralph Shattuck who I had bought it from. The Brass pin rivet was a new topic as far as I knew and as hard and long as it took me to extract the information, seemed like nobody was absolutely sure of it. I called Ralph Bristling for a fight with him, and AFTER 5 WEEKS after the purchase, he calmly said, "Ted, if you are not 100% happy, you can return it for a full refund, or trade on some other Lugers, no questions asked" I elected to trade this one suspect Luger for two nice Mausers, one a very nice 41 date 42 code (only 7000 made) In the end I was extremely happy with the deal and no questions were asked! You cant ask for a better return policy than that. Since then I have bought 2-3 Lugers from Ralph and have always been thrilled with them! I know some of the veteran posters have already heard this story several times, but since you asked! There you go! I will be buing another collection piece from him and just bought a shooter that is super! I am very pleased with the WOL. Thor