Thread: Death Head
View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2001, 09:41 PM   #27
Dok
RIP

Default No, you certainly haven't Luke...

and I am not opposed to allowing members to vent their frustration over a given transaction. If I remember a while back Frank Rial revealed that he had been "taken" and shared that info with us.

I think that was valuable and useful information, and served to warn the newbies in the group. I agree with bill m, new users/collectors need all the help they can get, but like G. T. it's not my desire to be the Lone Ranger and to right all wrongs.

I still come back to the position, that if an individual feels he has been wronged, and wants to air that here, I think we should allow that... whether we do anything about it is a whole "nuther" matter...

I myself, had a problem with Marstar a while back, and was unable (due to circumstances) to get my needs met, so I vented on the Forum. To my surprise a number of other members suddenly jumped in with their own stories that were not too dissimilar from mine.

So what appeared to be an isloated incident then looked more like a pattern of behaviour, and I think it is important for people have that info at ther disposal, I certainly would want it, if it was offered.

I don't believe we should do anything above and beyond allowing someone the bandwidth, with the caveat that perhaps if I am recommending this person as a reputable vendor, I (like GT) would definitely want to get to the bottom of it, because I don't want to be recommending someone (in all innocence) if there is a high likeilhood for a problem.

But at the end of day, I still think the onus rests with the member, and whether he feels he wants to share his story.