Thread: Death Head
View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2001, 08:34 PM   #23
bill m
User

Default Re: Dok! I do not agree!

Hi GT,

My whole point here is that some are referring, which is actually advertising, for certain dealers. They give these certain few a big blow-up and it is very good for their business, especially with the newbie's. If these deals are not "such a great deal", then it would be nice if this was shared with up, for us to make up our own minds. This is all about money and selling, and if no one speaks out, then some new collector is going to get hurt. Some of us have some experience and if we get hurt, it is our own fault, but the new collectors need some help. I do not agree with you on working out the problem silently, and then going on as nothing ever happened. I look at this more as this guy is trying to ruin my hobby. One of the guys referred to really tried to take me a few years ago. I called him and visited, asked about the guns he had for sale, and agreed to buy a couple of them. When I received them, they were import marked and dip blue finished. I called and sent them back, and did get my money back, minus shipping. The guy was hoping I didn't know anything about Lugers. Did he represent them honestly? No! He forgot to say they were refinished and import marked, which just happens to be a very important point. When I called him and said they were refinished and import marked, all he said was "I guess I should have mentioned that"! The more these dealers are made to take their stuff back, the better for all of us, as they will start representing their stuff for what it really is. I respect your opinion GT, and you have some very good points, but I do not agree with them completely.