View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2022, 08:18 PM   #10
Yakman
User

It's me, Woody. Glad to see you on this forum. I'd like to see those new acquisitions. My icon you see is my wife behind our Luger display at a Beinfeld show in Las Vegas a number of years ago.

You should mention that the tool you got with this rig is a marked G Date tool. Maybe you could show a little better photo of it.

It's not too much of an extreme stretch of the imagination to think that because of the closeness of the dates of all the components of this rig; 1935 tool, 1936 holster, and 1937 pistol, and especially the undisturbed patch in the toe, that this could be as found during the war. Even to the extent of the one mismatched mag. There is no real evidence to indicate that it isn't as found, leaving one to think there is a more than slight chance that it is.

I think that patch adds a layer of provenance. No doubt that at some point, a German soldier, some mother's son, placed it there as long as eighty years ago. Seems disrespectful to remove and discard it now. He has probably long turned to dust, but his equipment, some eighty years later, is still hard and good.

Jack
Yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Yakman for your post: