View Single Post
Unread 06-23-2002, 10:28 AM   #11
Klaus
New User

Translation of Reinhard Kornmayers article in DWJ (July issue) was written very objectively and by no means in a negative sense.

I consulted my English/German dictionary and checked "zweifelhaft" which translates into English : Doubtful, dubious, suspicious and uncertain. You guys go ahead and take your pick.

Here is my attempt to translate said article and please remember, I'm not a professional translater.

Attention Parabellum-Collectors. Check out this offer from the internet.

"Parabellum-Carbine .45 Cal. of dubious origin"

This information from the USA caused worldwide attention. Ralph Shattuck, a dealer from Peoria/Arizona, specializing in Parabellum-Pistols for decades, is offering under consignment a .45 ACP Parabellum-Pistol-Carbine for sale. The purchase price is $ 1,000,000 belief it or not.

There might be only a handful .45 ACP lugers out there, maybe 20 at the most. Serial # 2,4,14 and 17 are reported. These particular pistols were larger in size than the more common 7.65mm or 9mm cal. because of their .45 ACP.

The production was ensued at DWM approx. 1906 with trail tests run at foreign armies, particularely at the US Army where the 1911 Colt 45 succeeded.

A .45 ACP Parabellum-Pistol-Carbine was unknown until now. The authenticity caused passionate discussion among Collectors and historians alike, especially in the internet.

Information are available at www.worldoflugers. com and www.lugerforum.com. The discussion at the Luger Forum was cancelled due to the immense intensity.

We'll keep you posted as further information develop.
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote