View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
Aaron
Banned

I don't know if this comment belongs here or if it should be in a new thread. Anyway, since it is partially directed at Kenny, I'll keep it here. When I have an item to sell, especially one which would be of interest to a Luger collector (or any other military collector), I put a price on it and list it in one of the collector forums. What is this selling on eBay all about? Is it an effort by the seller to squeeze every last cent out of a buyer? Isn't it enough to just set a price on an item and deal directly with a purchaser? If one of my items doesn't sell on a collector forum I move it on to Guns America for a direct sale. I do not use any of the auction sites. And now i would like to ask Kenny this: Since you have all these wonderful items for sale, why don't you just list them for sale on a website and ask the price you think you should get? I know that listing items on eBay is a real hassel. You have to keep an eye on what's going on, constantly wondering what the final price will be, and with multiple listings it can turn out to be a full time job. And then of course, there is that commission you have to pay eBay. Have you ever tried direct sales on a collector forum? Maybe you should try it. And you might get a lot more customers who think auctions are for suckers. But then again, I suppose there are people who just enjoy the cat and mouse game of taking part in an auction.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote