View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2002, 03:40 AM   #9
Heydrich
Banned

[It is truely fun to have a Luger to 'play' with without worrying about hurting the 'collector' value, as it has none.]

I completely agree with Herb’s sentiment. Although this is somewhat off topic, I have an old beat-up completely mismatched K98 rifle that I use as my shooter specimen. If my friends or family ever want to go shooting with “one of these German rifles” they knew I have, I always call on this old wreaked ce coded (JP Sauer & Sohn) 1944 Mauser. They never notice that it’s a mute gun, just that it looks like one of those rifles they see the German soldiers carrying around in the WW2 movies. I drag it around, drop it all the time, bolt it hard, etc. And they seem flabbergasted by this. It’s tough as hell, and bolts and fires like an old tough stallion. So much more fun than the collectors I have! Not only that, I can screw around with it with no fear. Like cleaning the laminated stock with the scrubbing bubbles trick, trying strange solvents to clean the barrel, slap on mismatched messed up hardware (hood sights, cleaning rods, odd bolts, etc) on it.
Heydrich is offline   Reply With Quote