View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #12
Imperial Arms
Banned

Dear Mr. Heck,

Based on my experience with buying collector items in Germany and importing them into the US, this is the best advice I can give you:

1) C&R pistols which are commercial models can be imported by any dealer in the US with an approved ATF From 6;

2) There are no fees required to obtain the BATF permit for commercial pistols and they do not need to be stamped once they enter the US.

3) On the other hand, Military C&R pistols must be imported by a Licensed Importer, and there is a possibility that the pistol will need to be stamped by the dealer.

I am very well acquainted with Collector Arms in Germany who helps me with export permits. They are very honest and reputable dealers. If you buy any pistol from them, they can obtain a German export permit very quickly, in about 2-3 weeks. They only ask for an end-user certificate which is submitted with the export permit application. It is impossible to leave Germany with a pistol in your suitcase unless you have an export permit. Even if you are a US citizen or resident, you cannot enter the US today without a import permit from the BATF. The procedure is not difficult unless you do it right. Believe it or not, the longest delays are on the US side!

When a gun is imported in the US which is LESS than 100 years old, US Customs will charge you a 10% import duty.

If you need additional information and wish to contact me, please send me an e-mail at imperialarms@att.net.

Season greetings,
Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote