View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #9
Malcolm P.
User

Pete,

As I understand the situation, private citizens can import firearms without an import mark doing it through a dealer that does not routinely handle imports. Simpson's, from what I understand, is a licensed importer, so any firearms imported through them must have be marked. May be the same for the Texas company.

I discussed this with Jimmy Streetman at Arsenal USA when I looked into importing the Luger, because I know they are a licensed importer. He suggested going the private route through an unlicensed importer to avoid the import marks and other hassles that a licensed importer has to comply with.

I discussed all this with the seller as well, and he confirmed that all he needed was the approved ATF Form 6. He had exported a number of Lugers to the USA, and he did not have to mark the Luger nor was there a requirement to mark the Luger upon receipt.

The form to use is the ATF Form 6 [http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f53303a.pdf]. If this helps you get in a Swiss Luger, I would love the opportunity to get one myself!

Anyone use this procedure to import a Luger?

Malcolm
Malcolm P. is offline   Reply With Quote