View Single Post
Unread 04-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #32
Mauser 712
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wood View Post
Albert,
Don't know where you got the idea I am rich. I will admit to being a bit old. I worked for a living and spent more than 60 years acquiring my collection, roughly an average of one gun a year as I could afford it. I have been lucky in acquiring a few bargains and got some of the good stuff before the general populace realized they were scarce and expensive.
And your "genius brain" didn't discover your Böhler steel blunder, I pointed it out to you. You can however take credit for the rest of the nonsense you came up with regarding DWM cartridge codes.
Cheers
Ron

P,S, I need to apologize (as do some others). We have totally hijacked Douglas' thread on Brazilian Lugers with this senseless banter and I will not continue with it. Mea Culpa.
Hi Ron,

I did not refer to you in the funny post as a rich collector, hearing how you acquired several quality items in your collection over many years of working and searching. I applaud your magnificent collection, reminding you to reserve a few of your special items for me when you decide to start selling - including the M1906 'Russian' Luger which I would join with my M1900/03 Bulgarian Luger display if that is okay with you despite our different theories. I always enjoy a good debate with respect, but sometimes you get sharp when your opinion does not follow logic or historical practices in Imperial Germany or for export.

I would like to hear your wisdom about the Circle-B marking if you think it is unrelated to the DWM cartridge caliber coding.

Cheers,
Albert
Mauser 712 is offline   Reply With Quote