View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #36
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default We have returned! We are alive!

Hi to all my forum family.... Well? we're back... some worse for wear and tear, but sooooo, happy to be home.... I am moved to tears by the kindness and compassion of our forum members... You all were a great comfort in my most dire times... My daughter kept me as up to date as possible on the prayers and well wishes that are so important for morale.
As usual for this type of life test, it came literally out of no where.. My wife's sister swerved to miss another suddenly stopped vehicle, and nailed a small pick-up head on in the oncoming lane.... It was a clash of "nothing titan like" vehicles.. A PT cruiser, and a Nissan mid sized pickup.... approx. 50 mph... If not for seat belts and air bags, my family would be no more... But they have limits and extract a cost of their own? There's only so much one can stand, any one little thing different, and all would have perished in the impact!
The responding police, EMT's, firemen, and of course the doctors and nurses were exceptional!!! Immediately, as they arrived, or were tasked when it was there turn, they all made my granddaughter, their granddaughter... I start crying when I think on it.... More soon, it's been almost two weeks of none stop care and just plain old work.... I have not slept a total of 10 solid hours in the whole time.. you just can't, you are so wired to try and help... Mostly, I just tried to keep out of the way, but I now realize morale support is important as well, I didn't get to far from either as just holding hands seemed so important.... Anyway, Here we are with the new "normal" of broken bones, and damaged vertebrae, but, we Tomeks are fighters, and we will persevere! Again, my heartfelt Thanks to all... Best to all, til....lat'r.....a very humble, GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 21 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: