View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #25
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default As much as I hate to admit!

Of course you fellows are correct!........... A heavy barrel probably has less effect on accuracy, but maybe more on balance and feel then a standard issue barrel, but, the main reason I'm going this route is cost! and flexibility? It takes some serious machining and mill work to cut the taper, index and mill out the front sight base!....... I'm not going to ask a fortune for these, and the potential is excellent to build on.... But, for as far as we have gotten! Credit is certainly due to a few fellows on this forum, Olle has done an excellent job on this latest prototype, and the next one will be even more concise as to what we are trying to accomplish? Rich Brennan has done wonders on making and correcting extractor cuts and feed ramp cuts, and has been a trailblazer in this regard, I can't thank him enough....... It all trickles down until finally it spills over and we accomplish something? I know this much, trying nothing, gets you no where, with either success or failure.... I love the quote M. Zelany (Sp.? sorry!) loosely stated, "Try, fail, try again, fail better" I've found that is probably more correct than most quotes about life efforts?... More to come, lots happening!......BTW, I'mmmm Bacccckkkkk! Best to all, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: