Thread: Collectables
View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2001, 12:12 AM   #1
MK

Default Collectables

How is it possible that nearly sixty years after the last Luger was made that there are so many "collector grade" pistols around?

It would seem to me that there were only so many pistols that were brought back by GI's. Is there something I'm missing here concerning where all these Lugers come from?

When you can buy a very fine example of a Nazi era P08 for only a little more than a thousand dollars it tells me that Lugers are not really all that rare.

Did I say rare? It seems to me that we have our choice of many, many "collectable" pistols on a daily basis.

How does that make them rare? How do Lugers really hold their value when my experience is that Luger prices have held pretty steady for the last twenty years?

Aren't Lugers pretty much only collected by the few that just keep circulating the same pistols amongst an ever smaller circle of collectors?

Is it not true that there is a generation that is coming that barely knows what WWII was? Not to mention that 25 years worth of anti-gun propaganda is having a telling effect on that same generation.

Will we be the last buyers of these wonderfully machined pistols, at any price?

I wonder.

Mike