Thread: Persian Luger
View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2001, 03:16 PM   #28
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: Persian Luger

I really don't believe a value has been set on Mr. Bough's Luger as the $20,000 was an arbitrary figure offered by someone on the board. Likewise it has not been offered for sale by Mr. Bough. I find it hard to understand why the pistol or it's authenticity has been attacked before anyone knows anything about it. If I had no desire to own the pistol nor the wherewithal to purchase it, I would not attack the integrity of the owner nor the pistol until I knew for certain that the pistol was not correct as described. It would take more than a few out of focus pictures for me to decide one way or the other about the pistol.

Stranger things have happened. Some six or eight years ago an original Springfield M1 Rifle still in the original gas trap configuration came into a Little Rock, Arkansas gunshow. There it sold for $500.00. After changing hands at that show twice, it was sold at the Houston, Texas gunshow for $1200.00. The dealer that bought it at Houston eventually realized almost $60,000.00 for the rifle because he was the first one to recognize what it was.