View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2022, 08:05 AM   #7
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Fiocchi .30

Hi Jim, none of the Fiocchi ammo I had ever worked well in the .30 Lugers I tested! Which meant I had to use WW to have any chance at reliable function without jams? I only reported it to work in some Lugers, using certain lots of a certain colored box type, because it was reported here on the forum. I have also read reports on .30 commercial Lugers that run on any ammo fed to it!!!
My personal experience with Fiocchi was always the same, failure to feed with the breechblock picking the cartridge up in the extractor groove, and the bullet nose up into the extractor notch! A classic underpower ammo, or oversprung Luger. One could acquire another .30 mainspring, and reduce it by one coil and see if that might cure the issue.. I think a Luger could be tuned to use the Fiocchi brand with a little effort. But rounds like the Remington ammo which are too short, have problems all their own... PPU .30 Luger ammo can be found online, I looked last night and one source advertized it at around $26.00 a box of 50. Lot better than the $60.00 I was paying for WW... best to all, til....lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post: