View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #33
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default Second Base

This is an update for those who are interested in this rusty old thing, and wish to share in my sense of anticipation in the matter. I noticed in the post of the invoice above that the S/N does not show up. It is#3406. Early commercials have 5 digits, does mean this one is among the first 4k ever built?

FFL sent, two postal money orders totaling $1311 mailed yesterday. First base is winning the lot, Third base will be when it arrives at the dealer's, and the rest of the baseball analogy is pretty much a no-brainer.

In the meantime, I'll orchestrate the permit thing--for which it will already be registered when it arrives--,the permit replacement--hopefully with a new, laundry-resistant feature--,picking up a LED light bulb I ordered online from WalMart--all of which happens in Watkins Glen, about twenty minutes from home. Since my Dakota will be in the "hospital" at some point asap for front brakes and bearings--a life-saving (mine) procedure--I'm cruising on faith that I can get Nellybelle fixed and get over there and return prepared, just in time to get her in hand, on arrival day.