Unread 02-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #28
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
Alvin wrote:For this type of auction, there is something unknown. For example, is it a matching pistol...

They did explain the overall condition of the gun:

OE GOOD: some minor replacement parts; metal smoothly rusted or lightly pitted in places, cleaned; lightly scratched, bruised or minor cracks repaired; in good working order.
We'll see when she gets here. As I understand it, the rating could be describing any, or all of these characteristics. It proposes "lightly pitted in places", which is accurate enough--if you consider that "places" could include all of them! The best I've ever seen for lower end guns in mass auctions like RIA is "all visible numbers match", which tells us exactly that, no more, no less. We can't tell, for example, whether any of the numbers have appropriately matching fonts unless the photographic evidence shows it..and we certainly have no information about the numbered internals. Wrapping one's mind and expectations/suspicions around an auction pistol is difficult, so I agree with what Alvin says about the aspect of risk versus adventure with this remote-control, online style of auction participation. This might be my best score yet, in this kind of Luger acquisition.