Unread 05-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts
Default Estate auction review

Gents;
I attended an estate auciton in Fremont, NE, today. I'd viewed the items of interest yesterday and wrote down my max bids and stuck to them.
There was a 1917 DWM artillery, matching except mag, nice shape but with extensive pitting around the muzzle end of the barrel and chipped grip. It sold for around $2300.
Nice 41 BYF, excellent condition with matching mag. I figured $1250, and it sold for $1400. I probably should have dug a bit deeper on that one.
Mismatched BYF 40 or 41 with forcematched sideplate and also a mismatched refinished .30 commercial. They both brought a bit over $600 each. There were several repop. unmarked artillery stocks, I'd figured $40 but both brought over $200 each (!). Holsters were probably reasonable with a 1941 bringing around $150, however there were several re-pops/roaches that brought $50+ each.
There was one new manufactured unmarked board stock with leather holster attached, sort of a Mauser Broom straight slot attaching iron. I hoped it was for my Inglis High Power, but considering that it brought $250, I'll never know.
What I have so far failed to mention is that there is a 10% buyer's fee, plus 7% state sales tax, and a $25/gun transfer fee, so figure a 20% hit on top of the sale price.
Lots of sales went to internet buyers, but overall it seemed like there was some pretty stupid money being thrown about.
So I wasted an afternoon and invested $6 for lunch.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote