View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
Silvereagle29
User

Ed
I suppose the real issue may be the Military appearing Dove and what collectors have labeled the bird looking dove as found on the C.G Haenel magazines. I certainly agree with you the Military Dove is from the early 1920's. The dove that I refer to appeared on the extruded C.G Haenel (Haenel - Schmeisser) magazines of early 1936. This dove on Police magazines is comparable to the sunburst K, D, Haenel script - H - EL, EF and other marks that may be found on Police magazines. None of these marks are normally found on Military magazines. If one were to compare the early Military dove and the Police dove they don't even look alike. In my opinion, we have to think Military vs Police. I will take some pictures of the Haenel Police Luger magazines and mail them to you.

The magazines going to the Military were accepted by the Inspectors using the drooped Eagle and Stick Eagle. Usually those going to the Police from Mauser had no acceptance mark. I lean toward the thought that the fxo magazines with the x and y suffix with all the Military acceptance marks were given to the Police when Mauser severly curtailed the numbering of Luger magazines in the - u - block of the 41-byf production.

The Police had a long standing relationship with the C.G. Haenel Company and received most of there magazine from them. The G-S/42 and 1936-S/42 Lugers with the sear safety are good examples. They left Mauser with no accessories, not even a magazine. The magazines used on these pistols were the first spine marked extruded magazine with the Haenel script - H - and came directly from C.G. Haenel to the Prussian Police depot, the - H - on the heal of the Police Haenel magazine would date these magazines to near October of 1935. Once again this is only my opinion.

I suspect we have been exposed to a little lack of communication on my part, sorry about that.

Don
Silvereagle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Silvereagle29 for your post: